YOGA is derived from the “Sankrit” word “Yuj” which means joining. It is the calm control of mind and body though breathing and postures, which are designed to develop flexibility, suppleness and general well-being.
RELAXATION is a way of shedding care and stresses, reaching a tranquil state that refreshes and strengthens the mind and deeply relaxes the body.
With regular practice, Yoga can help to:
- - Improve posture, flexibility and balance
- - Enhance your emotional well-being
- - Build self-esteem and confidence
- - Reduce stress and fatigue
Perinatal yoga is specifically adapted to suit the needs of pregnant women and will help you enjoy your pregnancy. The ultimate goal is to ensure your well-being through the transition from pregnancy to birth and motherhood:
- - Keeps the body supple without straining
- - Boosts energy and relieves stress and anxiety
- - Relaxes and promotes restful sleep
- - Helps reduce the pain of labour and childbirth
- - Can relieve minor ailments, heartburn, non-specific lower backache, groin aches, and muscle cramps
- - Can help to tone the pelvic floor in preparation for birthing
You can start class from week 14 of pregnancy. The classes are booked in blocks of four weeks and cost £40.00. Pre-booking required contact for registration forms and block dates.
Many people need a gentle exercise programme to help them alleviate or recover from a specific ailment. Remedial yoga is an excellent solution.
For many years Helen has successfully treated private and Local Authority clients who have physical disabilities, debilitating illnesses (stroke/MS/Parkinsons), and muscular pain associated with back and neck injuries.
These programmes not only help relieve the sufferer’s symptoms, but also improve their overall sense of well-being.
Appointments for private one to one sessions are on a Saturday morning (8am to 12 o/c) pre-booking is required. Please contact Helen for further details. The cost for a one to one session is £25.00.